Our Q & A Series is edited by members of our Students & Young Professionals Network. It’s an opportunity to get senior global health professionals to share about their global health experience. Questions are related to motivations for engaging in global health, the role of research, and career advice for those new to the field.
- Get to know a professor, a mentor or colleague you’re inspired by and interested in learning more about, rather than relying on a cold-call!
- Practice your interview skills for future research endeavours
- Share your interview with our entire network
We will guide interested members through the Q & A production process. Only 5 easy steps:
- Who would you like to interview? This could be someone you’ve taken a course from, a mentor, colleague, or peer who has an interesting global health story to share!
- Submit your idea to email@example.com before you get started. We will provide detailed instructions and connect you with an email introduction if useful.
- Contact your potential interviewee to see if they could give you 20 minutes of their time. If so, find a mutually convenient time to meet-up in person, talk on the phone, or Skype!
- There are 3 mandatory questions we’d like answered in all Q&As, but aside from those, the interview is totally up to you! Prepare following the SYPN interview guide and put your active listening skills to work.
- Send us your completed interview for copy editing and content approval by the interviewee. We will endeavour to post it within 4 weeks of submission.