Climate Change and Health Working Group
The Working Group on Climate Change and Health (WGCCH) was launched in early 2018 in recognition of the urgency of addressing challenges at the intersection of health and climate change. The mandate of the Working Group is to identify knowledge gaps through CAGH individual and institutional members, to communicate the current state of knowledge, and raise awareness of drivers for and changes in climate-related health.
- Climate Change and Health Webinar Series hosted by members. Learn more about our upcoming installment on Jan 26th: Climate Change and Child Health: Where is Canadian Global Health Research? and on the Feb 8th episode: Sparking Global Collaboration: The Cochrane Climate-Health Working Group.
- Annotated Bibliography: Student and Young Professional members of this Working Group are compiling key publications as a future resource for CAGH members.
- The Working Group is testing a listserv as a first step to developing a community of practice around climate change and health, which members can request to join.
- Policy Briefs focused on climate change and chronic conditions, infectious diseases and health systems were developed to inform the 2018 CIHR-IDRC consultations on global health.
- Climate Change Toolkit for Health Professionals
- COVID-19 et santé planétaire (ressource en français)
- MOOC on Climate Change and Health
- The Climate Crisis is a Child Crisis
- Climate Disasters and Global Social Medicine
- Framing Climate Change as a Public Health Issue
- Corinne Wallace, University of Saskatchewan
- David Zakus, University of Toronto
To learn more or get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org