The Canadian Association for Global Health (CAGH) brings together a vibrant global health community working to create a healthier and more equitable world.
Our action on health equity and the social determinants of health in Canada and worldwide is rooted in collaborative research, learning, advocacy, policy and practice and driven by knowledge exchange, the design and delivery of meaningful international projects, and the flagship annual Canadian Conference on Global Health (CCGH).
We are a member-based, not-for-profit organization representing, and supported by, researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and students with academic and civil society partnerships across Canada and globally.
CAGH is the outcome of a member-supported amalgamation of the Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH) and the Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research (CCGHR) and builds on our more than 60 years of combined history, leadership and action. CAGH is governed by an Interim Board of Directors with the participation of Board representatives from both CSIH and CCGHR. An inaugural CAGH Board of Directors will be elected in late 2021. The Interim Board has approved strategic directions for CAGH and the Inaugural Board will develop the 2022-2024 Strategic Plan.
A vibrant global health community creating a healthier and more equitable world.
To connect, engage, strengthen and mobilize the global health community across Canada and internationally through collaborative research, learning, advocacy, policy and practice.
Respect, Integrity, Equity, Excellence, Inclusion
CAGH affirms its commitment to
- Meaningful inclusion
- A plurality of voices for a shared vision, respectful of dialogue across sectors and across discipline
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS
CAGH supports research and implementation of global health activities involving:
- Knowledge translation
- Capacity strengthening
- Collaboration and partnerships.
These activities are driven by a strong, vibrant membership, focus on the organization’s sustainability, and will be carried out in Canada and across the global south with an emphasis on equitable partnerships with individuals and institutions.
OUR STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS
- Creating and supporting spaces and opportunities for knowledge exchange and networking around global health priorities by convening the global health community.
- Strengthen the involvement of students, youth, and early and mid-career researchers and practitioners in all of their diversity, in Canada and in LMICs by sustaining a platform for education, learning, training, mentoring, advocacy and career growth in global health.
- Amplify the diverse voices of the global community to advance action on health equity and social determinants of health in Canada and globally.
- Advance health equity and systems strengthening (or global health agendas) through integrated, multisectoral collaborations based on implementation, research, evidence-based technical exchange, innovation and policy strengthening.
- Foster a strong, diverse, sustainable, and actively engaged membership base committed to advancing global health, represented by professionals and stakeholders (healthcare professionals, policymakers, academics, researchers, international development professionals, students and young professionals).
- Develop a financially and organizationally efficient, resilient organization through a diversified funding base to achieve the mission and related strategic directions.
CAGH is registered as a charity with the Canadian Revenue Agency and is therefore eligible to provide donation receipts for income tax purposes. Registration no.: 118836238RR0001.