The University Advisory Council (UAC) was launched in 2010 to foster greater collaboration and coordination among Canadian universities that are CAGH institutional members, serving as a platform to move the global health research agenda forward nationally. Representatives from our 25 member institutions meet in person every year, they connect virtually on a quarterly basis and participate in issue-based working groups to discuss common interests, challenges, and future goals.
- Collaborating with other CCGHR committees to organize regional Coalition Institutes focused on capacity-building and networking.
- Encouraging curriculum sharing and preparing lists of courses with materials relevant to global health research that could be shared among colleagues in UAC member universities and institutes.
- Fostering a transdisciplinary research approach to the deeply complex problems in global health and supporting the growth of such research teams.
- Exchanging on internationalization policies and strategies, within the broader framework of “social accountability”.
- Promoting research harmonization in Canada through information sharing about projects where there is potential for value-added coordination and collaboration.
Round Table Series
The UAC is hosting a series of round table discussions in which leaders in the global health research community will engage in a 90-minute dialogue with participants about a core global health issue from an equity perspective. Stay tuned for information about upcoming sessions.
February 17, 2021: Trade, Vaccine Nationalism and Global Health Governance
Dr. Katrina Plamondon PhD RN
Assistant Professor & Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Scholar Faculty of Health & Social Development | School of Nursing , The University of British Columbia | Okanagan Campus | Syilx Okanagan Nation Territory
Susan J. Elliott, PhD
Professor & University Research Chair Geography & Environmental Management, University of Waterloo
Fellow, Balsillie School of International Affairs Professor, United Nations University Institute for Water, Environment and Health (Adjunct)
Editor in Chief Wellbeing, Space & Society
Senior Editor, Medical Geography Social Science & Medicine
Section Editor Health & Sanitation Water Security
Senior Editor, Global Health Canadian Journal of Public Health