The Nigeria-Canada Research Partnership (NCRP) is a relatively new addition to the Country Partnership program. It integrates two initiatives that have been facilitated by the CCGHR.
Nigeria Coalition for EcoSocial Health Research (NCEHR): This entity is based in Nigeria’s Anambra State and was initiated in 2018 through the initiative of the Vice-Chancellor of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU). Recently, the state’s second tertiary university, Nnamdi Azikiwe University (NAU) has joined the organization. The members of the NCEHR represent an interdisciplinary group of researchers and community representatives who are addressing the challenge of environmental degradation in Nigeria. Read more about the NCEHR.
Nigeria Working Group (NWG): This is an informal network of Nigerian scholars, mostly graduate students in Canadian universities, who share a concern about the impacts of climate change in Nigeria. Since 2018, the NWG has grown to include fifteen members involved in research sharing, capacity strengthening and collaboration. The Centre for Global Studies (CFGS) at the University of Victoria serves as a hub for this group.
The overall goal of the NCRP is to harmonize the initiatives of the above groups within the activities of the CAGH-ACSM’s country partnerships program.
To better understand the initiatives and activities undertaken by the NCEHR and NWG, we encourage you to take a look at the most recent updates provided in the following newsletters.
- NCEHR August 2021 Newsletter
- NWG August 2021 Newsletter
- March 2022 Webinar: Climate Change and Health: A Nigeria Perspective
- Ngozi Joe-Ikechebelu, doctoral candidate, University of Victoria: email@example.com
- Yewande Ogundeji, post-doctoral fellow, University of Calgary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ogochukwu Udenigwe, doctoral candidate, University of Ottawa: email@example.com