CAGH works actively to develop capacities to support relevant equity-oriented research and its effective use, helping to reduce the “know-do gap”. We focus on catalyst competencies, including mentorship and leadership, knowledge translation, and partnering and networking.
- Strengthening networks of Canadian global health researchers working within specific countries, promoting harmonization and collaboration.
- Facilitating workshops with the Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) and recruiting Canadian mentors and peer reviewers from our member universities to support its fellows.
- Actively collaborating with other partner organizations such as the Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH).
Climate Change and Health
The Working Group on Climate Change and Health (WGCCH) was launched in early 2018 in recognition of the urgency of addressing challenges at the intersection of health and climate change. The mandate of the Working Group is to identify knowledge gaps through CCGHR individual and institutional members, to communicate the current state of knowledge, and raise awareness of drivers for and changes in climate-related health.
- Annotated Bibliography: Student and Young Professional members of this Working Group are compiling key publications as a future resource for CAGH members.
- The Working Group is testing a listserv as a first step to developing a community of practice around climate change and health, which members can request to join.
- Policy Briefs focused on climate change and chronic conditions, infectious diseases and health systems were developed to inform the 2018 CIHR-IDRC consultations on global health.