Interested in serving on CAGH-ACSM’s Inaugural Board of Directors with a group of leaders dedicated to global health? Now is your chance!
The CAGH-ACSM Board of Directors is committed to good governance, accountability and the strategic direction of the organization. We are looking for enthusiastic leaders who can bring their passion and expertise to support CAGH-ACSM’s initiatives and objectives.
Role of Board Members
Term: Board members serve two-year terms, for a maximum of three terms.
Time commitment: Board members are available to attend at least six board meetings a year (in person and/or videoconference).
Responsibilities: Board members are responsible for:
- establishing policies and strategic directions for CAGH-ACSM
- safeguarding CAGH-ACSM’s assets including human resources and financial oversight
- serving as a liaison with the membership
- representing CAGH-ACSM to policy makers and others interested in global health
- participating in, and chairing when necessary, committees of the organization
- assisting in the recruitment and retention of CAGH-ACSM members
- participating in at least six board meetings a year (in person and/or videoconference), and to provide additional service through committee work and other commitments
Committees: Board members are willing to sit on Board committees, including:
- Executive Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Fund Development Committee
- Advocacy Committee
- Ad-hoc committees
The CAGH-ACSM is currently seeking nominations for nine (9) members to serve on the inaugural board of directors
To the extent possible, the Board will reflect Canada’s diversity in gender, official languages, geographic regions, sectors and disciplines relevant to global health. CAGH-ACSM welcomes submissions from qualified applicants from diverse communities, including but not limited to: Indigenous communities, newcomer Canadians, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2I communities, and nominees normally residing and working in the global south (with or without Canadian citizenship or permanent residency).
Nomination Procedures: If interested in submitting a nomination, please email Jeannine Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Completed nomination forms (including a CV) must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. EST, Friday, October 8, 2021.
Please consult the complete competencies document for the full description and nomination process
To apply, complete this nomination form